Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, with no wholesalers or banks necessary.
We are growing rapidly across Africa, launching new markets, new cities, and new countries. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Procurement Associate
Seeking an exceptional supply chain professional with 3-5+ years of experience to manage suppliers relating to the operations; this includes but is not limited to stock suppliers, vehicle vendors, and logistics companies. You are responsible for driving company supplier term negotiations, by ensuring we receive the best margins and payment terms and building strong partnerships across the country operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Study average daily sales in the leading system, discuss requirements with the Supplier Relations division, and propose a purchasing plan
- Based on guidelines from the Supplier Relations team - evaluate and negotiate with good suppliers in terms of quality, price, delivery, and payment terms.
- Schedule regular reports (e.g. open, partially delivered, and overdue POs, goods in transit,
supplier performance matrix, inventory turn rate) and meetings
- Actively manage and monitor the procurement and delivery of goods to the warehouses, to ensure KPIs are being met and revised regularly
- Improve supplier lead-time compliance through optimization of delivery tracking
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives - Provide input on local spending situation and category practices, provide insights on the local supplier market, and support the development of the contract implementation plan
- Assist in Monitoring all distribution agreement contracts and ensure invoices from suppliers and POs to suppliers are as per the agreed terms
- Expedite and follow-up on purchase orders, resolve Procurement client or supplier follow-up questions, and update Purchase Order
- Proactively identify opportunities that will align supplier needs with the organizational goals
- Manage and implement strategies for procuring, and distributing goods to maintain stock levels
- Advise supply chain team members
- Act as the single point of contact for the Procurement function - Ensure that procurement policies and procedures are complied with and act as a link between the local internal stakeholders, suppliers, and the procurement organization
- Preferred 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management,
or Related Field
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures, Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong selling, negotiating, and consulting skills
- Strong data analysis and superior organizational skills,
- Effective interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong oral, and written communication & presentation skills
- Willingness to travel for work within the country
- Must love working with people and cross-cultural teams