Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia and Uganda use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Title: Senior Product Manager
Wasoko is looking for a product owner for the Order Management System. The PM will work with the operations, sales, customer support, analytics and design team to deliver the best B2B grocery shopping experience.
- Own the end to end order management system business logic and tech implementation
- Work closely with the operations team to evolve the system to support the changing on ground scenarios while keeping the customer experience in mind
- Ensure that the order delivered/ order placed ratio is maintained and improved
- Closely monitor the customer experience with order placement as well as during the entire order delivery lifecycle - including communication and all corner cases
- Develop rich tools and analytics to measure and monitor performance
- One big internal consumer of the OMS are are sales and support teams
- Create clear tools and visibility for these teams to respond to all customer queries and take required actions
- Help these teams succeed with access to information and data
- Enable the monitoring and impact of the work of these teams
- Hands-on product management experience of 4-6years. Total experience should be 6+years
Key skills required for the role:
- Ability ask the right questions, going to the depth of ‘why’ before trying to solution a problem
- Experience in launching consumer internet products, Experience in projects involving the above two charters is an advantage
- Experience in managing Product Lifecycle using agile methodologies (PRDs, Wireframing-UX, Metric Tracking)
- Comfortable working with complex data-sets using standard data analysis tools & techniques (Proficiency in excel, PowerPoint, SQL querying)
- Structured thinking, strong written and verbal skills to process & deliver high quality documents & facilitate technical & non-technical interactions