Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers in Kenya, Uganda,Tanzania, Rwanda,Senegal ,Cote d' Ivoire and Zambia use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Procurement Associate
Seeking an exceptional supply chain professional with 3-5+ years of experience to manage suppliers relating to the operations; this includes but is not limited to stock suppliers, vehicle vendors and logistics companies.You are responsible for driving company supplier term negotiations, by ensuring we receive the best margins, payment terms and build strong partnerships across the country operations.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Study average daily sales in the leading system, discuss requirements with the Supplier Relations division and propose a purchasing plan
- Based on guidelines from the Supplier Relations team - evaluate and negotiate with good suppliers in terms of quality, price, delivery and payment terms.
- Schedule regular reports (e.g. open, partially delivered and overdue PO’s, goods in transit, supplier performance matrix, inventory turn rate) and meetings
- Actively manage and monitor the procurement and delivery of goods to the warehouses, to ensure KPIs are being met and revised regularly
- Improve supplier lead-time compliance through optimization of delivery tracking
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives - Provide input on local spend situation and category practices, provide insights on local supplier market and support the development of the contract implementation plan
- Assist in Monitoring all distribution agreement contracts and ensure invoices from suppliers and POs to suppliers are as per the agreed terms
- Expedite and follow-up on purchase orders, resolve Procurement related client or supplier follow up questions and update Purchase Order
- Proactively identify opportunities which will align supplier needs with the organizational goals
- Manage and implement strategies for procuring, and distributing goods to maintain stock levels
- Advise supply chain team members
- Act as the single point of contact for the Procurement function - Ensure that procurement policies and procedures are complied with and act as a link between the local internal stakeholders, suppliers and the procurement organization
- Preferred 2 year of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, , or Related Field
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures, Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong selling, negotiating and consulting skills
- Strong data analysis and superior organizational skills,
- Effective interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong oral, written communication & presentation skills
- Willingness to travel for work within the country
- Must love working with people and cross-cultural teams