Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionising access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
We are growing rapidly across Africa, launching new markets, new cities and new countries. We're looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Location: Branch, Country
Fulfilment or Transport at Wasoko is a fun, fast-paced, agile and people-focused business. We believe in the motto "We win through our people."
Our forklift operators are responsible for moving goods from one area to another within our warehouse environment. They load and unload shipments of various sizes and may use certain types of equipment such as stand-up, sit-down, or clamp forklifts and electric pallet jacks.
Our environment is team-oriented, fast-paced, and safety-focused. We move products that people need and want. At Wasoko, YOU will be an essential part of daily life.
If you are looking for a change and ready to make a difference ... we are looking for you.
Inbound / Outbound Lead
If this sounds like a team you would like to join… Keep reading.
- Ability to safely lift 20kg unassisted
- Ability to drive standards within the business
- You are able to work in a challenging environment
- Drive a culture of accountability, results and performance
- Ability to work well in a team with other staff such as truck drivers, warehouse pickers etc to coordinate inventory movement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in physical inventories
- Maneuvering a forklift safely in busy warehouse environment
- Unloading deliveries and safely moving the goods to their designated storage areas
- Ability to read work instructions to determine which items to move, collect, and/or distribute
- Keeping up to date on health and safety requirements and forklift operating procedures
- Ensuring that the forklift driving areas are free from people, product, spills or obstructions
- Using industrial plastics wraps and wooden pallets to safely stack and package goods for transport
- Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, report variances as necessary
- Check the accuracy of the load; check the number of loads, stability and damage of the product and report any discrepancies
- Complete daily inspection of equipment - carrying out basic autonomous inspection and checking forklift equipment for faults or damages
- Certified Forklift operator licence OHS training
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel) including basic data entry
- Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Minimum 1 - year experience operating a reach truck and/or forklift in a busy step up warehouse environment