Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Zambia and Rwanda use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Warehouse Assistant
Reporting to: Branch Logistics Manager
Wasoko is searching for a stellar Warehouse Assistant to be based in Zanzibar, Tanzania. Your role is to help in daily warehousing activities as allocated by the Branch Warehouse Manager. These roles range from, stock issuance, transfers, offloading and reconciliation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Stock Loading-Allocate tuk-tuks in loading zones in a manner that eases issuance and ensures transparency.
- Stock issuance is done against Delivery notebook and no excess or less stock issued, guide agents on best practices for stock arrangement in their tuk-tuk
- Stock Transfers-Present all Delivery Notes for system transfer, do system stock transfer against Delivery note, verify transfers against variance page.
- Ensure all replenishment done after morning loading is reflected in the system transfer.
- Stock Cash Reconciliation-Assist agent to well understands requirements for a successful reconciliation.
- Confirm on agents reported counts, carryout daily Agent stock reconciliation, Carryout daily agent cash reconciliation, Follow up with agent to know the cause of excess or short.
- Take part in offloading whenever required, receive products against delivery note, report any excess, less or damaged delivered stock to warehouse manager.
- Ensure all deliveries are stored in respective warehouses in an organised manner
- Stock Taking-Carryout weekly physical stock take as required by the warehouse manager.
- Ensure counts are accurate and in selling units, file the reported counts for reference.
- Assist in tuk-tuk stock take whenever required.
- Help in data entry, attention to detail, integrity, work ethic, willingness to learn, capacity to thrive in a high-pressure environment, time-keeping.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A degree in Supply chain/ Statistics/ Actuarial science.
- Highly organized and able to store items efficiently
- Pays attention to details and monitors the quality of inventory
- Able to work independently
- Able to multitask