Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal, Cote d' Ivoire, Zambia use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Senior AI & Data Science Engineer, reporting to Global Head of Engineering
We are looking for passionate AI & Data Science passionate engineers, who are excited to work on cutting edge next generation machine learning, deep learning and neural network problem solving for e-commerce business operations. You should be self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven and agile environment.
Locations: Banglore, India or Nairobi, Kenya
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ideate, Design & Build ML, Deep Learning & Neural Network Engines To Identify & Highlight Business Insights & Patterns Using Advanced AI Algorithms & Platforms.
- Own and manage the machine learning models into production and support these models throughout their lifecycle.
- Utilize a variety of software and tools both commercial and open source. Enable self-service tooling for data science teams to create and maintain models
- Continuously challenge and evolve the existing platform capabilities and keep up to date with new offerings
- Incept, Design, Build & Deploy AI solutions independently.
- Graduate or Masters In Computer Science From Premium Institutes ( IIT / NIT / BITS / REC etc)
- 5+ years prior experience in AI / ML / Deep Learning, Neural Networks & Data Science.
- Expert In AI / ML / Deep Learning / Neural Networks Algorithms & Models.
- Expert In Advanced Data Structures / Algorithms & System Design.
- Excellent problem solving, prototyping articulation & communication skills
- Experience with ETL, Data Lake, Data Mart, Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Log Mining, Recommendations Engines, Data Models & Statistics.
- Ability to think critically and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment leading multiple high priority issues.
- Expert in using data tools and any programming languages like (Python or R and SQL)
- Good to have knowledge of Tensorflow / Google AI / Watson / HPE