Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Zambia, and Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda with travels across the country 50% of the time
Logistics or Customer Service at Wasoko is a fun, fast-paced, agile, and people-focused business. We believe in the motto "We win through our people."
You will support and manage the Logistics or Customer Service team members in a country, ensuring they have everything they need to achieve and maintain their optimal level of performance. At the same time, you will ensure that operational activities are in line with profit and cost targets, SOP, and company policies.
This is a challenging role where you will have the opportunity to grow your career and be part of a strong team.
You must enjoy being part of a dedicated team working together to make a difference in the lives of our customers and employees in relevant and memorable ways.
If you are looking for a change and ready to make a difference ... we are looking for you.
Reporting into: Cluster LCS Manager - East Africa
If this sounds like a team you would like to join… Keep reading.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Track, interpret and report key country metrics
- Analyzes and solves complex cross-functional problems
- Ability to develop and employ short and medium-term resource (people, assets or budget) plans for the area of operations
- A good understanding of operational procedures (inbound, putaway, outbound, dispatch, route planning, etc.)
- Direct responsibility for the in-country leadership team managing multiple fulfillment centers and last-mile delivery
- Operational leadership at the country level and budgetary responsibility for managing day-to-day LCS operations in a safe and efficient manner
- You will build strong relationships and work closely with your cross-functional colleagues to deliver a cohesive, high level of service.
- You are a leader. Your top priority is to make sure all LCS employees have what they need to do their tasks 110% of the time
- What tool(s) do they need to function?
- Do they have any blockages? Help them to remove these blockages
- Compliance? Policy, SOPs and work instructions are aligned to the operations
- Self-service data? Empower them to make decisions based on data while they do their jobs
- Simplify the way our employees work - the goal is to get more for less (efficiency, productivity, etc.)
- Ensure operational KPIs are met and exceeded
- Ensure maximum utilization of all our FCs and 3P vehicles
- Drive teams to achieve consistent delivered in full on time (DIFOT)
- Live by the principle of "The Customer is King" to ensure world-class customer service
- Develop projects (OPEX or CAPEX) to continuously improve productivity and efficiency, obtain their approval, and ensure they are completed on time and within budget
- Lead the team while ensuring that all operational LCS activities stay within budget and are aligned with organizational goals
- Coordinate, align and support cross-functional stakeholders in the execution of new business development/projects/process changes
- Develop a people plan for your team by working to fill training gaps (technical, system, SOPs, policies, etc.) or upskilling our people to ensure they have the right skills to be successful in their jobs and grow within the organization
- Create and foster an environment that promotes integrity, accountability and a winning attitude while providing a safety net for our employees to thrive, have fun and grow.
- Start-up experience (desirable)
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to develop strategic plans for the operation
- Can do, passionate, and the right attitude the first time
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Degree in statistics, actuarial science, engineering, supply chain operations or logistics
- You have in-depth knowledge of last mile logistics (inventory management and ERP processes) and customer service (last mile fulfillment, 3P vehicle management, etc.).