Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs; no distributors or banks are necessary.
Thousands of retailers across East and West Africa use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; Dubai, UAE
Reporting to: Head of Audit
This is an exciting role in our Wasoko Operations business unit which offers great opportunity to work on cross functional SOPs, process related training materials and conduct periodic internal reviews and audits. In this role, you will work closely with different functions to drive the day-to-day activities to ensure the accuracy, governance and maintenance of SOP’s. You will also act as the supportive source of knowledge for all SOP’s documents
You will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing SOP development, implementation and compliance across all locations of Wasoko in Africa. Apply established procedures and guidelines to the keeping of records.
- Work with business stakeholders (Product, Operations, Audit, Finance) to develop a framework to support the implementation of standardized operating procedures.
- Lead the efforts to gather and create SOP requirements or process improvements in documenting processes, developing flowcharts, and drafting SOPs.
- Manage the aspects of the SOP document control, approval system and processes, including a review of SOP and other process documents for clarity and consistency so they are clearly understood by stakeholders.
- Develop checklists to track SOPs from creation to implementation, including sending reminders for SOPs about to require review or expire.
- Engage with stakeholders and co-workers in a cooperative and constructive and timely manner; facilitating a collaborative working environment.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that process and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed. Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action in cases of compliance violations.
- Draft, review, finalize and deliver audit reports, findings and recommendations in an effective manner to Global and Local Operational Leadership.
- Work with local teams to ensure adequate check in place and monitoring in all required areas.
- Defining areas to be audited and setting methodology. Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of controls and improving them continuously.
- Ensure past audit recommendations are implemented in the current audit process. Compile analyses process gaps and corrective action to be taken to the management.
- Ensure compliance closure to all Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) raised.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5-7 years of experience in SOP creation in an SCM environment
- Proven experience in building SOPs, processes, procedures, user manuals, and work instructions (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Proficiency with Google Workspace / Microsoft Office particularly in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience working in a diverse cultural environment.
- Enjoy working collaboratively as well as independently.