Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal, Cote d' Ivoire, Zambia use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Lead UI Engineer
We are looking for a skilled Front-End Web Engineer with a solid technical background and leadership skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment primarily using the latest front-end development practices
Locations: Bangalore, India
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the work that the frontend developer team needs to do.
- Actively involved in cross-team projects that involve development.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing new features on our software platform.
- Work with the backend developers to define RESTFul API Specification
- Great team player, be the role model for other team members and lead the team with examples
- Good hands-on experience and should be able to work in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, demanding, collaborative team on multiple projects at any given time
- 6+ years of experience in web development
- Integration exposure with REST APIs in JSON format
- Demonstrated ability to use rapid application development methodologies and techniques to deploy applications quickly and accurately
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work well in a team, project management, and technical leadership experience
- Experience managing a team of frontend engineers
- Proficient in working in an Agile Software Development environment
- Strong product focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Proficient demonstrated experience in incorporating reliable unit and end-to-end testing.
- Experience in cross-browser compatibility, and the responsive design of applications
- Proficiency in code versioning tools, such as Git
- Production experience with Angular 2+ frameworks
- Production experience with frontend reactive patterns
- Comfortable with SCRUM and Agile development methodologies