Wasoko is transforming African communities by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. We fix inefficient supply chains and provide previously unavailable services by connecting small shops to the digital economy. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across East and West Africa use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need quickly and cheaply while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Trade Marketing Manager- 4 Months Reliever reporting to the Global Head of Marketing
We're looking for an exceptional Trade Marketing Manager Reliever who is excited about unlocking the potential of the informal economy and inspired by our mission to empower the local merchants responsible for over $600 billion of sales across Africa every year. You will be responsible for driving the success of effective marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the market to achieve the departmental KPIs and business goals.
Locations: Nairobi, Kenya
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead Trade Marketing Strategy development to attain defined business objectives across product and market segments
- Head responsibility to propose, develop and execute programs created to enhance trade presence and grow market share.
- Prepare trade promotional plans by market/channels.
- Coordinate trade media placements, and public relations programs, host events, and shows and participate in all community events or road shows.
- Provide marketing assistance to the sales team by ensuring they are well-kitted and aligned with brand guidelines in the market.
- Ensure branch launches are well prepared with trade marketing
- Responsible for managing and monitoring the Trade Marketing investment monthly.
- Coordinate communication of price, product and pack changes to customers. Drive private label uptake/demand across customer segments.
- Engage with customer segments on the ground to get feedback on customer experience, brand visibility, product understanding, competitor moves and any strategic information to the business.
- Develop, supervise and improve procedures to link entire marketing activities with sales team activities.
- Work closely with Customer Service and Brand teams to enhance processes linking corporate brand-building activities and Product Development activities with Sales activities.
- 3-5 years' experience in Trade Marketing or advertising
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Marketing/ Administration / Business studies
- Minimum 1-2 years of Retail or FMCG experience
- Possess business acumen and communication skills
- Good analytical skills, positive attitude and can take on new responsibilities