Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Zambia and Rwanda use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Locations: Fumba, Zanzibar or Bangalore, India or Nairobi, Kenya
Position: Technical Program Manager (TPM) Associate Reporting to Sr. TPM Africa
Wasoko is aggressively staffing up its Product and Engineering teams to take our mission of revolutionizing retail in Africa with the help of sophisticated tech to the next level. With this growth, the amount of complex, Cross-Functional Projects and work streams that need to meet rigorous deadlines is growing exponentially.
As the TPM, your job will be to usher technology projects through the entire life cycle from inception to completion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and research efforts and requirements creation with Product and Engineering Managers, Tech Support and UX Design and ensure that all documentation is comprehensive, well structured and up to date at all times.
- Draft project schedules and milestones, identify and spell out key priorities, manage dependencies, map out critical paths to success and keep schedules current at all times.
- Lead alignment meetings while providing visibility on necessary trade-offs and facilitating timely decisions between cross-functional teams.
- Ensure meticulous project minutes are recorded and available to key audiences at all times.
- Align internal and external stakeholders and follow up on individual review and approval responsibilities.
- Measure and report on project progress on a regular basis for executive leadership visibility.
- Identify team and project needs with regards to processes, tools, documentation and assets.
- Bachelor's degree in business, project management, IT, Computer Science or similar
- Min of 2 years of relevant experience in tech project management
- Outstanding tech project management skills:
- Fully proficient in using state-of-the-art web-based project management tools (such as JIRA and Clickup)
- Obsessive attention to detail
- 100% reliable and delivers when items are due - with no exception
- Highly proactive attitude towards moving projects forward
- Highly process-driven to continuously improve the status quo.
- Excellent Written & Verbal Comms
- Flexible, hard worker with a positive attitude