Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Cote d'Ivoire, Senegal, Zambia and Rwanda, use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Locations: Fumba, Zanzibar, Bangalore, India or Nairobi, Kenya
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You partner with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports
- You are a coach and mentor to business users and continuously train these colleagues in the usage of our data models and data visualization tools
- You design, develop and maintain reports and analytical tools for business stakeholders
- You partner with our Analytics Engineers to further develop best-in-class data marts supporting self-service and single-source-of-truth-analytics
- You maintain a high degree of data quality and accuracy across all metrics and dimensions
- You can identify yourself with our mission to revolutionize access to essential goods and services for communities across Africa and want to make your contribution
- You are excited about the challenges of an e-commerce business such as forecasting demand, optimizing delivery schedules and routing managing inventory, and increasing customer lifetime value, and have ideally gathered first-hand experience in any of these fields
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You are a great communicator with a sharp, analytical mind
- You have 3+ years of experience building analytical data models/data sources and reports with the help of data visualization software such as Looker, Tableau or Power BI, ideally in an agile and fast-growing start-up environment
- You have hands-on experience with Cloud Data Warehouses in Big Query, Amazon Redshift or Snowflake
- You have 3+ years of experience in writing advanced SQL queries