Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Uganda ,Tanzania , Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Zambia and Rwanda use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Branch Warehouse Manager
Reporting to: Country Logistics General Manager
Direct Reports : 3
We are looking to fill the position of Branch Warehouse Manager (BWM) with the vision, passion and commitment to manage our warehouse operations. The BWM will have full ownership of the warehouse performance and the last mile logistics. This includes delivery on the warehouse objectives and key results, performance reports, team structure and people management. The BWM will manage a minimum of 5 direct reports and up to 30 indirect reports.
You will support and manage the Fulfilment centre and Transport team in a branch, ensuring they have everything they need to achieve and maintain their optimal level of performance. The BWM will also ensure that operational activities are in line with safety guidelines, profit and cost targets, standard operational processes and company policies.
This is a challenging role where you will have the opportunity to grow your career and be part of a strong dynamic team.
If you enjoy being part of a dedicated team working together to make a difference in the lives of our customers and employees, then this is an opportunity for you.
Are you ready to make a difference? We are looking for you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You are a leader. Your top priority is to make sure all Logistics employees at the branch have what they need to do their tasks 110% of the time
- What tool(s) do they need to function?
- Do they have any blockages? Help them to remove these blockages
- Compliance? Policy, SOPs and work instructions are aligned to the operations
- Self-service data? Empower them to make decisions based on data while they do their jobs
- Simplify the way our employees work - the goal is to get more for less (efficiency, productivity, etc.)
- Ensure operational KPIs are met and exceeded and the business has visibility on the performance of the branch
- Drive teams to achieve consistent delivered in full on time (DIFOT)
- Ensure inventory accuracy and receivables is maintained above 99% of the time
- Live by the principle of 'The Customer is King' to ensure world-class customer service
- Optimize last-mile costs per order, invest in continuous improvements to increase warehouse picker efficiency and reduce cost per pick, and forward plan to sweat vehicles as much as possible on every trip
- Build a strong layer of managers / associates to support the ground operations team to ensure all inbound and outbound workflows are properly handled in accordance with Wasoko network guidelines, procedures and delivery SLAs
- Communicate fulfilment centre constraints to key stakeholders to ensure inventory capabilities are fully aligned to reduce overstocks, eliminate out-of-stocks and deadstock
- Monitor and create a feedback loop with 3P vendors, especially Transport to ensure performance is optimal and key business metrics and network standards are being met
- Continuous review and evaluation of the transportation rate card with the goal of ensuring that 3P supplier rates are standardized and equal to or better than market rates
- Coordinate, align and support cross-functional stakeholders in the execution of new business development/projects/process changes
- Invest time in training a new generation of strong people ready to take on new challenges and opportunities while maintaining the same level of excellence in execution
- Create and foster an environment that promotes integrity, accountability and a winning attitude while providing a safety net for our employees to thrive, have fun and grow.
- Degree in Transport & Logistics, Supply chain management, Business Operations, Business Administration, or relevant qualifications. Or Advanced diploma in the same with experience in the logistics industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation and Logistics industry with minimum 5 years experience. Excellent financial acumen with good understanding of cost efficiency
- Working knowledge of logistics and transport management system
- Good people management and coordination skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent geographical knowledge of your region
- Ability to lead, coach and train employees
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Goal-oriented, assertive and a practical problem solver
- You have in-depth knowledge of last mile logistics (inventory management and ERP processes) and customer service (last mile fulfilment, 3P vehicle management, etc.).
- In depth knowledge and experience in warehouse management, FMCG, inventory management and Warehouse management system